- Full Time (80 hrs/2 weeks) 9am-5:30pm Monday thru Friday, every 6th weekend rotation.
Assist in the planning and implementing of activities programs for the residents to stimulate them physically and mentally during recreation, following standards determined by state and federal regulations.
Must have a high school diploma or a GED equivalent. Prefer post-secondary education with knowledge in some of the following areas: social services, crafts, education, gerontology, home economics, child development and family relations, occupational therapy or recreation. Requires a strong understanding of the physical and mental needs of the elderly and the ability to adapt programming appropriately. Must have demonstrated leadership skills and program development and implementation. Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and disease processes. Requires good interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and coordinate resident activities programs, which involves planning programs for residents at varying levels of physical and mental abilities for the purposes of stimulation and recreation.
- Develop a rapport with assigned residents and families to develop an understanding of residents’ needs and interests.
- Maintain records on each of their assigned residents. Records include: attendance, charts, goals, quarterly activities notes, hospitalization reviews, discharge summaries and initial assessments.
- Attend initial and quarterly care conferences in conjunction with resident care team to determine care plan needs for each resident. Must be able to complete on the computer: Minimum Data Set, RAPS, TRIGGERS, and Care Plan.
- Provide leadership in activities as assigned.
- Make recommendations to Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator if alternative programs and changes are necessary.
- Perform the following duties as assigned:
- Attend to the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with toileting and transferring when on outings (according to the individual Plan of Care) if are a CNA.
- Report any pertinent or unusual information regarding the residents to the Charge Nurse.
- Promptly answer resident alarms.
- May feed residents if a CNA.
- Follow correct hand hygiene process.
ICARE: Our Christian-influenced values empower Eventide team members to live our mission. Our values inspire our service, hospitality, performance and relationships.
Integrity – We accept the great responsibility of providing the best care for our residents at all times.
Compassion – We treat each person with kindness, sensitivity and understanding.
Accountability – We promise to fulfill our mission by using good stewardship of our time, talents and resources.
Respect – We recognize and honor the dignity of each resident, family and team member.
Excellence – We strive to continually improve all that we do, individually and collectively.