FAQs concerning Eventide and COVID-19
We understand you may have questions regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the steps that we are taking to keep the health, wellness and safety of your loved one as our number one priority.
Q. What is Eventide’s plan for dealing with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
A. Eventide has emergency preparedness and infection prevention and control plans in place, which have addressed how we prepare for and manage infectious disease outbreaks.
- Eventide has an active COVID-19 Task Force who are meeting regularly and are in direct conversations with official resources to stay informed with the latest information. We are closely monitoring the latest information from the Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we are working with state and local public health and emergency preparedness officials to strengthen our preparation for a possible outbreak of COVID-19.
- Eventide staff are trained in infection control practices and follow established protocols based on that training. Since this is currently influenza season, staff already have a heightened awareness of the risks posed to our residents/tenants by respiratory illnesses and the vital importance of effective infection control practices. However, we have increased our training and retraining efforts in this area.
- While maintaining standard practices for good hygiene and infection control, Eventide communities are increasing disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Clinical care staff are monitoring the health of residents in our care.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are at all Eventide site entrances and throughout our facilities.
- Employees who are ill are required to stay home.
- Eventide staff are being screened per Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations upon arriving to work.
- Testing staff per CMS and state department of health recommendations.
- Limiting entrance of visitors to reduce possible transmission of COVID-19. When visitors are allowed in personal protective equipment (PPE) is required to be worn. Staff at the facility will help guide to what PPE should be worn during your visit.
- When a COVID-19 positive resident is identified, they will be isolated in a designated location in the facility to help keep the COVID-19 positive resident and other residents safe and help reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- We are working with our vendors for needed supplies to ensure we can continue to provide care to our residents.
- Reliable and verified information is being communicated through our website, social media, email and/or print notifications.
Q. Can I still visit my loved one?
A. At this time, each campus has an individualized plan for scheduled visits. You can find more information on how to schedule a visit here.
Q. Can I still volunteer?
A. We are restricting external volunteers at this time.
Q. What can I do to help?
A. You can be helpful in the following ways:
- Prevent spreading germs by washing your hands often or using an alcohol based hand run (ABHR)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose all used tissues
- Stay in touch with your loved one by phone, text, email or other means that do not require physical proximity.
Q. Where can I find updates on how Eventide is addressing COVID-19?
A. Go to our news section to find updates.
Q. Where can I find more information about COVID-19?
A. There are many resources available:
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control
- Minnesota Department of Health
- North Dakota Department of Health
Q. How can I get in contact with my loved one during this time?
A. Family members can communicate with residents by using video chat, calling, texting, social media. The facility can help coordinate a time for you to video chat with your loved one. Please call the number below to schedule a time today:
- Eventide Fargo Care Center and Senior Living
- Call 701-478-1800
- Eventide on Eighth, The Fairmont, and The Linden
- Call 218-291-2291
- Eventide Sheyenne Crossings Care Center and Senior Living
- Call 701-478-9360
- Eventide – Devils Lake Downtown Care Center
- Call 701-662-6580
- Eventide Lake Country Manor:
- Call 701-662-1880
- Eventide – Heartland Care Center and Heartland Courts
- Call 701-665-1401
- Eventide – Jamestown Care Center and Senior Living
- Call 701-952-3413 or 701-659-0509